- I consider this exploiting the game's physics rather than a glitch. If you dash, dash cancel and execute a Dsmash, the first hit my hit backwards and land both hits rather than 1. MK is not the only one who can do this, most who can sweep can do this. (Tested with C.falcon, not sure about the others).
- MK is confirmed to spike with his Ftilt though it is hard to do. I have done this a couple a times by chaining a Dtilt x2 into a Ftilt, which with the right spacing (depending on weight and damage %) can semi-spike with his last hit (rarely).
Trip Tech chase
- Mk can chase opponents wake ups when he trips them with a Dtilt chain
- Mk has a couple of combos involving Dtilts (will post another day) including his ability to grab during his Dtilt Chains, I managed to get combos that do 27-30ish damage and chain into grabs, pummel, then throw which can be followed up with a lot of attacks (ESPECIALLY MACH TORNADO and SHUTTLE LOOP).TheLegendTamer (talk) 17:28, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Surprise Slash ok, this isn't really something new. Set Dsmash to Nunchuk's Down Dpad. A quick press will execute a dsmash that leaves no wind up lag for you Human Foe to react to (to fast for a human to see it and sheild in time unless guessed). This can be done at any time MK is free to Dsmash and walking towards your foe, and executing it will surprise foes. This is considered to be cheap by some people, mainly because it's almost impossible to react in time to MK's uncharged Dsmash. Walking away (facing away from an opponent chasing you) is also a good time (except the last hit lands instead).
A good combo
Dtilt until they trip, as soon as they start tripping, turn around and Dsmash. It does more damage. This is technique that requires tripping.TheLegendTamer (talk) 17:36, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
Tumble Combo With MK
MK can do a tumble combo. Floor your foe then, Neutral Combo (tap once don't hold), step slightly foward, repeat. It racks up damage and can be finished with a Dsmash which, if their damage is high, KO's them. This tumble literally gets them from 0% to death (if the platform is long enough). If the Dsmash doesn't kill them, edgeguard should finish them off.
Uair Chain Setup
Normally it's not that hard to lock a foe into a Uair Setup with MK but if you need a set up for one here it is. Simply Execute a Fair and land on the ground before the second hit in his Fair hits, try to get only the 1st hit in his Fair to make contact. This should knock a grounded opponent directly above MK. Just start the Uair chain from here or some other attacks like Utilt or Usmash. Cancelling the First hit of his Bair allows different follow ups such as Ftilt or Dsmash.
Trip Follow ups
MK can follow up after tripping a foe with Dtilt with the following moves (most moves follow up after a Dtilt Trip because of the lack of lag at the end of Dtilt) here some useful ones.
Trip Tech Chase Uncharge Fsmash Reverse DSmash (turn around so that the second hit lands, it does more damage) Instant Dash Techniques (it's in a different thread I made: Try this awesome control setting) Mach Tornado Dash grabs (these make you and your foe slide toward the edge allowing you to throw then edgeguard of close enough).
TheLegendTamer (talk) 17:06, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
My MK strategy 1
When I use MK I use the following control setting:
Set Down-Dpad to Down Smash (surprise DSmash, instant dash attacks, instant boost grabs, easy Infinite Dimension Edgestall)
Set Up-Dpad for Upsmash (Running Up smashes/specials, easy infinite Dimension Cape)
At the start, I use a lot of combo starters depending on the situation. Some are listed here. My combos rack up 27-50 or 50+ damage. Some combos end with a throw off the edge or Dsmash. If that doesn't kill them, I proceed with (edgeguard+edgehog)+(edgestall+edgeguard punish) (it's crazy but it's a good summary of what to do). If I get in a sticky situation, infinite dimension cape works well. Drill rush cancel works very well especially if you cancel it into a dimension cape or another Drill rush (good edgeguard technique). Learn how to use the Ftilt Spike as it's MK's only known spike (other than stage spike). Intant Dash Attacks can be used as a Pseudo-Foxtrot (since MK's normal fox trot is rather awkward and instant dash attacks can be used consecutivly), or to close gaps in some combos with it's burst of speed and it's an attack. MK's Tumble combo does 50+ and can KO under most circumstances if ended with a Dsmash, should have mentioned that earlier. Also when I'm up against foes who create items like snake's grenades, catch and glide toss+grab MK should hit foes with item while sliding a long distance and grabbing them (should get you to the edge of the platform). WaveGliding into shffled Nairs can start combos. The Uair set up works pretty good, a Bair version of the setup can set up different things too. When you grab, try to pummel before throwing. The Trip Tech Chase is PWNAGE!!! Dtilts are also combo starters. Here's one, Dtilt>Dtilt>Turnaround Dsmash. The grand combo (one with many braches might not finish today): Dtilt>Dtilt>*(Grab>Pummel>(((Uthrow/Fthrow)>Mach Tornado/Shuttle loop)/(Dthrow/Bthrow)> (Instant Dash attack>Utilt>Uair Chain>(Shuttle Loop/Mach Tornado)))/(Dsmash/turnaround Dsmash)/Trip>Tech Chase>* not done g2g.TheLegendTamer (talk) 17:40, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
Although I know all these tricks and tips I find some hard to set up on human players mainly because my little expirience against human players. I'm currently trying to beat a different game so I might not be practicing for online play when I get the chance to play (as soon as I get cox).TheLegendTamer (talk) 17:13, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
Ok right now I'm creating strategies that are situation specific for MK (I will do this with all the characters so this will be a long user page, I will put information about me at the top intermittenly. staring tommorrow).TheLegendTamer (talk) 17:17, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
MK vs Snake
When Snake tries to use a grenade:
- If he throws the grenade catch>>(glide toss+grab>throw into grenade>avoid explosion)/(catch>infinite dimension cape>
get bomb to detonate near snake>slash out of cape)<2nd option just a theory /(mach tornado through grenade) bomb might not explode in mach tornado but it somtimes will)
- If snake shield drops it>>(grab grenade+infinite Dimension cape+slash)<still theory /(grab>pummel up throw)
must be near grenade when snake is grabbed so that after Uthrow snake's weight doesn't let him fly far enough from grenade to escape explosion)TheLegendTamer (talk) 17:27, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
- in most cases you can grab grenade and throw back so that it explodes in air near snake.
- DO NOT USE MACH TORNADO ON A SNAKE THAT IS STILL HOLDING GRENADETheLegendTamer (talk) 17:31, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
When snake uses Missle:
- Mach tornado through it. You'll pass through it and can get snake caught in Mach tornado.TheLegendTamer (talk) 17:31, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
When Snake uses C4
- if snake Plants c4 on you (simply get it on him and play keep away :p)
- if snake puts it on the ground, just stay away.
- when Snake plants a mine (DC over it it should blow up, if not roll over it)
this page is getting laggy...TheLegendTamer (talk) 17:07, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
When Snake pulls out cypher
- as recovery, give him a bear hug (grab without throw or pummel)>edgehog in case of bomb jump.
- above the stage, follow him and drag him into the blast line with a well timed and spaced Drill rush.
mach tornado can sometimes work just make sure he isn't holding a Grenade or you both Die :(.
Seeing that this page is lagging for me I'm just explain the counter strategy for MK vs other play's important stuff...TheLegendTamer (talk) 17:14, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
I'm getting a little lazy... From now on I'm only doing requests sorry :(.TheLegendTamer (talk) 17:16, 19 December 2008 (UTC)