Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Effect||PT's three Pokémon use Hydro Pump, SolarBeam and Fire Blast simultaneously.|
Triple Finish is the Pokémon Trainer's Final Smash. It is the same regardless of the Pokémon that grabs the Smash Ball. The trainer brings out all three of his Pokémon. Charizard then uses Fire Blast (which is also the final move used to send the opponents flying), a large star-shaped flame (its shape could also be compared to the Japanese character for "fire"), Squirtle uses Hydro Pump, a multi-directional spray of water, and Ivysaur uses SolarBeam, a narrow beam of concentrated light, to create a massive projectile which can hold targets in place within the blast. It does more damage to players that are closer to the Pokémon, where all three moves will hit at once. When an opponent is as close as possible, they take about 57% damage. However, a downside to this Final Smash can be if the opponent is too close, they will be sent straight up by a concentrated ball of energy in front of the Pokémon, and then can avoid the attack. The move can be used in mid-air, in which case the team will hover. After several seconds, the Trainer recalls the other two Pokémon and the Final Smash ends.
While using it, a box of text (like the ones in Pokémon games, based on the ones from the fourth generation games) appears on the bottom of the scene, which states, "Take that! Triple Finish!" (which the Pokémon Trainer also screams out loud), and later "It's super effective!". It should be noted that the second message only pops up if the attack causes damage to opponents; if it misses, the first message will remain for the duration of the attack. The text box blocks damage meters and appears in Snapshots. The camera also zooms in on the trio, slowly zooming out as the attack goes on.
The Final Smash of the Pokémon Trainer. Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard join forces to simultaneously use Hydro Pump, SolarBeam, and Fire Blast. This is the only time all three of them appear on the screen together, so this move boasts the strength of three in one. A window will appear on the screen, but don't worry about it.
- This Final Smash can actually be used to view off-camera pieces of scenery on stages without pausing and changing the angle. If one stands at the edge of the screen and faces away from any stage before activating the attack, the zooming effect will show graphics that one wouldn't ordinarily see during a brawl.
- In the Pokémon franchise, at the time Brawl was released, the most Pokémon a single trainer can have out is two, that being in double battles. Having three Pokémon out at once was introduced afterwards, in Pokemon Black and White.
- The text box and the text inside it resembles Pokémon Diamond and Pearl's text box and text.
- Although the first text box says "Take that! Triple Finish!", the Pokémon Trainer shouts out "Take this! Triple Finish!"
- The second text box always says, "It's super effective!", even when the attack doesn't hit enemies.
- When used on Mario Bros., the screen will not zoom up, due to the fact that the camera does not naturally zoom up in this stage.
- In the games, it's possible for none of the three attacks to be super or even neutrally effective simultaneously. Dragon-type Pokémon resist all three attacks.
- Triple Finish is the first Final Smash in which the name of the move appears on-screen upon activation; the second one with this attribute is Cloud's Omnislash in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U.
|Pokémon Trainer's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||(differs between Pokémon)|
|Side Special||(differs between Pokémon)|
|Up Special||(differs between Pokémon)|
|Down Special||Pokémon Change|
|Final Smash||Triple Finish|
|Squirtle's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Water Gun|
|Down Special||(Pokémon Change)|
|Final Smash||Hydro Pump (of Triple Finish)|
|Ivysaur's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Bullet Seed|
|Side Special||Razor Leaf|
|Up Special||Vine Whip|
|Down Special||(Pokémon Change)|
|Final Smash||Solarbeam (of Triple Finish)|
|Charizard's Special Moves|
|Side Special||Rock Smash||Flare Blitz|
|Down Special||(Pokémon Change)||Rock Smash|
|Final Smash||Fire Blast (of Triple Finish)||Mega Evolution|