| World of Trophies|
|Universe||Super Smash Bros.|
|Home stage to||Rayquaza|
|Availability||Subspace Emissary and|
Boss Battles only
Cutscenes Leading To
The Lake stage occurs after Donkey Kong punches Diddy Kong out of the way of Bowser's Dark Cannon. Diddy is jumping through the jungle and he lands by a vast lake. He sees a crashed Arwing (the same one shot down by the Halberd in the Sea of Clouds level), and goes over to check it out. The lake then vibrates as Rayquaza rises from the lake, and threatens Diddy. Apparently, Diddy violated Rayquaza's territory, so the legendary Pokémon wants to make him pay. Rayquaza engulfs the crashed Arwing in flames with a powerful energy blast. Grabbing Diddy, the Pokémon prepares to finish off the little monkey, when Fox jumps out of the Arwing and uses his Fox Illusion technique to liberate Diddy. Landing, it shows his name, and then he gestures to Diddy to help him fight Rayquaza.
Choose between Fox or Diddy Kong, and fight Rayquaza. In a cutscene after the boss fight, Fox will attempt to leave, but Diddy Kong will try to appeal to him, with no success. Diddy Kong just decides to drag Fox away with him. Choose between Fox or Diddy Kong and continue the level. The level is full of day changing doors. At the end of the level, you will fight a false version of Bowser. After defeating him, a cutscene will occur where the real Bowser comes in and attempts to use the Dark Cannon to turn the two new teammates into trophies. Diddy Kong prepares to fight Bowser, but Fox grabs him and dashes away, knowing they can't defeat Bowser. After beating this level, Fox joins your party.
- When Fox enters in the opening cutscene, Space Armada plays.
- During the battle against Rayquaza, Victory Road.
- During the following section of the stage, Bramble Blast plays.
- When the characters are on the raft in the river, Battle for Storm Hill plays.
- Following that, King K.Rool / Ship Deck 2 plays.
- During the False Bowser battle and ending cutscene, Airship Theme (Super Mario Bros. 3) plays.
Fox Attacks Rayquaza Diddy Convinces Fox to Save Donkey Kong Bowser Defeated?
- This level is similar to Donkey Kong Country 2' storyline, because Diddy Kong tries to find Donkey Kong.
- The Day-changing Doors later appear in The Great Maze. Oddly, they appear in the Forest instead.