Tanooki Leaf in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
|Appearance||Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U|
The item functions identically to Peach's float ability, as it allows the fighter to remain suspended in the air by holding the jump button or up on the control stick, though they will still slowly descend. After three seconds, the floating ability cannot be reactivated, though ending it early will allow the user to reactivate it. Floating cannot be used if the fighter is in a helpless state
While using the Super Leaf, the user can use all of their normal aerial attacks and Special Moves, making it easy to chain multiple moves together and juggle opponents. The Super Leaf can also be used for horizontal recovery, as it allows the user to move a far horizontal distance.
Upon picking up the Super Leaf, the user will have raccoon ears and a tail on their character. If Bowser Jr. or the Kooplings grab the Super Leaf, the physical traits will be on the Koopa Klown Kart.
Transform into an adorable version of your normal self thanks to some raccoon ears and a fluffy tail. Unfortunately, you won't be able to fly through the air like Tanooki Mario---but you can hover for a bit by wiggling that tail. Hold the jump button while airborne to pull off this cute tactic.
- NES - Super Mario Bros. 3 (02/1990)
- 3DS - New Super Mario Bros. 2 (08/2012)
- If Peach uses her natural floating ability with the Super Leaf, the former will activate first, with the second one only being activated once Peach's ability expires or ends early.
- Despite Luigi turning into Kitsune Luigi upon using a Super Leaf in Mario titles, he will gain the Tanooki tail and ears in SSBWU/3DS.
- Characters that naturally have tails will have a second tail (Fox, Charizard), while the ears will not be visible on characters with pointed ears (Lucario, Fox).