Super Mushroom's artwork from Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
|Appearance||Super Smash Bros. Melee|
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. (Wii U and 3DS)
The Super Mushroom (スーパーキノコ, sūpā kinoko) is an item in (like an edible mushroom) Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U that originates from the Mario universe. It is slightly brighter than the Poison Mushroom as both are items that are very similar in appearance. The Super Mushroom makes characters bigger, as they do in the Mario series.
- Lasts about ten seconds.
- Attacks deal more damage (in Brawl more than in Melee) and knockback.
- Slightly increases jumping height.
- Thrown items go farther and deal more damage.
- Falling is faster.
- Longer landing lag when using aerial attacks.
- Character becomes heavier, decreasing knockback (1.6 times heavier).
- The character's sound effects and voice become lower pitched. This does not affect gameplay.
- In Melee, recovery is shorter but in both, edge sweetspot is larger.
- Makes the character a bit faster.
In Super Smash Bros.Edit
The Super Mushroom does not appear in the game. However, Giant DK, who has the effect of the Super Mushroom, is a boss in the game.
In Super Smash Bros. MeleeEdit
The Super Mushroom's debut in a Super Smash Bros. game as an item as stated above.
Trophy Info (SSBM)Edit
Super Mario Bros. veterans will recognize these power-ups, which hid inside brick blocks and helped Mario and Luigi withstand enemy attacks. In Super Smash Bros. Melee, they temporarily turn your character into a giant. Not only will your size and strength increase, but so will your mass, making it harder for foes to knock you off.
- Super Mario Bros. 10/85
In Super Smash Bros. BrawlEdit
In Super Smash Bros Brawl, characters strike a pose while growing/shrinking, briefly relishing their increased size and lamenting their return to normal size.
Also, most of the items held by the player, as well as his/her own projectiles, will grow/shrink with him or her. However, during this time, certain attacks or charge ups can be interrupted if a super mushroom touches the player in the course of doing an action. If the player touches a Poison Mushroom while enlarged, they will shrink to normal size.
Trophy Info (SSBB)Edit
A mushroom that makes you giant sized. When you're this big, your attack power increases and you're harder to launch. But you become an easy target and may come under serious fire. Unlike other items, it doesn't remain in one place but moves to the right once it appears. Why to the right? Well, because that's what it did in its original appearance in Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario Bros. (1985)
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (1992)
In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS Edit
Trophy Description Edit
This mysterious mushroom will cause you to grow several times your normal size. Once you've grown, the power of your attacks and your ability to launch your opponents will increase. However, being so large--and such an easy target--may not be so great in a fight with lots of enemies...
- NES - Super Mario Bros. (10/1985)
- DS - New Super Mario Bros. (05/2006)
- In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, a Super Mushroom has no effect if the Mushroom hits a character that is grabbing on another character.
- Mario's taunt in all four Super Smash Bros games is also compared to a Super Mushroom because in Mario's taunt, he grows into a large size then shrinks back down.