Subspace Bomb Factory is a stage in the Subspace Emissary of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
The stage opens with Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Captain Falcon, and Olimar entering the island after they defeat the Subspace foes from a previous level. Fighting through the cargo bay and into a back room, they show up to confront the Ancient Minister, with Samus and Pikachu already in the room from the previous level. The room is full of Subspace bombs, lined up with R.O.B.s. The gang are ready to fight the Minister, but he doesn't seem to fight. Seeing that the Minister is not following orders, a hologram of Ganondorf shows up to take control of the R.O.B. Squad. The R.O.B.'s begin to advance towards a bunch of Subspace Bombs, but the Minister stops them. Angered, Ganondorf pushes a button to stop the R.O.B.'s from obeying the Minister, and their eyes start glowing red. As they begin to take the Bombs down, the Minister knocks them away, but Ganondorf overrides their free choice and forces them to attack the Minister. He is bombarded with lasers and eventually catches fire. Ganondorf laughs and disappears as a flock of Auroros enter to distract the heroes. However, the Minister fires at them and destroys them, showing that he's still alive. His robe and armour fly off in all directions to reveal the Master R.O.B. After this, the player may choose from the following characters to ward off the enemy hoard: Samus, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Captain Falcon, Olimar, and R.O.B..
After defeating the enemies, the gang tries to fight off the R.O.B.'s who are about to detonate Subspace Bombs. R.O.B is in melancholia, and pays no attention to Diddy's screams for help. Realizing there's not enough time, Captain Falcon calls in the Falcon Flyer so they can all escape from certain doom. DK carries the miserable R.O.B to safety, and they leap down a shaft still infested with Subspace soldiers. As they descend towards a pit, the Falcon Flyer pulls up beneath, catching them and shooting down a tunnel towards safety. As they rush through the tunnel, however, Meta Ridley notices them and gives chase, desperate for revenge against Pikachu and Samus, starting a boss battle that the player must clear within two minutes to pass.
After defeating Meta Ridley, the gang escapes from the Isle of the Ancients as it is consumed by a massive explosion and sucked into Subspace.
After the level is completed, R.O.B. will join the player's team.
- During the first part of the level, Climb Up! And Get The Last Chance! plays.
- During the battle with all the enemies, Battlefield plays.
- On the way down to the Falcon Flyer, Vs. Meta Ridley plays, which may be a sign of the coming Meta Ridley fight.
- When confronting Meta Ridley, however, Vs. Ridley plays instead.
- This is the only boss stage (The Falcon Flyer) that isn't flat. As the ship is flying towards the right, you will slowly slide to the left if you stay still. But when Meta Ridley is defeated, you will no longer slide to the left when you stay still.
- This is also the only one to be timed.
- For some reason, the time limit for Meta Ridley is 2:00, and Subspace Bombs are set for 3:00. When the heroes left the Subspace Bomb storage room, the bomb was under 2:00. No time is set during the route to the Falcon Flyer, but the screen rolls around.