|Universe||Legendary Starfy/Densetsu No Stafy|
|Debut||Densetsu no Stafy|
Starfy (スタフィー sutafī), spelled "Stafy" in Japan and in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, also known as "Stafi" and "Starfi", is the main character of the Densetsu no Stafi (The Legendary Starfy outside of Japan) series. He has five games, of which the first three appeared on the Game Boy Advance, and the latest two on the Nintendo DS. His trademark is his spin attack, even though it is not accessible at the beginning of any of his games. His most recent game, The Legendary Starfy, for the Nintendo DS, is the only game in the series to be released outside of Japan.
In Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Starfy appears as an Assist Trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. He does a spin attack, which can briefly trap an opponent, somewhat like Toon Link's Spin Attack. However, Starfy's spin attacks are very weak, and unlike other assist trophies, Starfy can be attacked and knocked away. But if he receives a high amount of damage, he will explode, an attack that gives high knockback and damage. You can easily exploit this weakness by defeating Starfy with a smash attack.
Additionally, Starfy appears as a regular trophy, which is unlocked by clearing Target Smash Level 1 with at least ten different characters.
The prince of the kingdom of Pufftop. He's a bit spacey and clumsy, but when he sets his mind to something, he gives it his all. Stafy gets help from his friends Kyorosuke the clam and the wizened Lobjii-san. Stafy sometimes dons a pig suit and throws pork cutlets. In Densetsu No Stafy 3, Stafy meets Wario and goes with him to steal the treasures of the deep.
- The Legendary Stafy
In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Stafi appears once again as an Assist Trophy in the game.
Starfy is the absentminded prince of the Pufftop Kingdom, and the hero of The Legendary Starfy. Is he a star? A starfish? His commitment to helping you when summoned is obvious, even if his species isn't. He'll use a Star Spin attack, which isn't all that powerful. It's the thought that counts!
- DS - The Legendary Starfy (06/2009)
- Presumably Starfy was planned to be playable, as under "Fighter Related" category in the Trophies, the trophy of his sister Stapy appears in the category. It could be said that just because he is an Assist Trophy, his series is in "Fighter Related", however, no Custom Robo or Animal Crossing trophies are in that category, despite Ray MK III and Mr. Resetti appearing as Assist Trophies, as well.
- Rarely, Starfy falls right through the stage.
- When Starfy appears from the Assist Trophy, a jingle from his series is played. This jingle was usually heard when Starfy would confront a boss at their battlefield.
- Starfy returns as an assist trophy in Super Smash Bros. 4.