- Kills at around 120% near the ledge
- Spikes opponents below the explosion
- Good for vertical recovery
- Little horizontal movement
- Easily punishable if missed
- Open to attacks from above Palutena
Rocket Jump is Palutena's only special that has a damaging hitbox. It is capable of KO'ing opponents at 120% at the ledge giving Palutena another way of closing off a stock. It can also be used to edge-guard; the bottom of the explosion's hitbox spikes the opponent. As a recovery, Rocket Jump has good vertical distance but bad horizontal. Palutena is vulnerable to attacks above her when recovering as the explosion only hits foes below her.
Rocket Jump is one of the many Powers originating in Kid Icarus: Uprising. In that game it was actually just an explosive version of another power called Sky Jump. The explosion itself isn't very strong but you can attack while you're in the air. If you use it while you're dashing you can cover a great distance.