Default artwork of male Robin from Fire Emblem Awakening
|Alternate names||Reflet |
|Debut||Fire Emblem: Awakening|
|Console of origin||Nintendo 3DS|
|Homeworld||Plegia (future-present Archanea timeline)|
|Designed by||Yusuke Kozaki|
|English voice actor||♂: David Vincent |
♀: Lauren Landa
|Japanese voice actor||♂: Yoshimasa Hosoya |
♀: Miyuki Sawashiro
Robin is the is the player avatar and a main character of Fire Emblem: Awakening. In the beginning of the game, Robin is found lying in an open field by Chrom, his sister Lissa, and his bodyguard Frederick. They find out that Robin has amnesia and remembers nothing besides his own name, Chrom's name and his incredible knowledge and experience in fighting battles, which Chrom experiences firsthand after they manage to save a small settlement despite the strength and numbers of the enemy. Frederick suspects Robin of being an assassin due to him remembering Chrom's name before his own, but Chrom is convinced of Robin's good intentions and invites him to join the Shepherds as their chief tactician, with the two quickly becoming close friends. Ylisse, Chrom's home country, is then faced with a war against Plegia (which is later revealed to be Robin's home country) and another against Valm two years later, both in which Robin's tactical expertise proves very helpful, especially given Ylisse's limited number of soldiers. There is also the constant threat of the Risen, undead soldiers who terrorize parts of the continent of Ylisse. As the Shepherds continue to fight and recruit more capable members, Lucina, Chrom's daughter from the future, properly introduces herself to them, having only met them while she was disguising herself as Marth. She travelled back in time to warn them about the revival of the Fell Dragon Grima after having her own world on the brink of destruction courtesy of him. Robin, Chrom, Lucina, and the rest of the Shepherds make it their new mission to prevent the Grima of the current timeline from surfacing.
In game, Robin starts in the Tactician class exclusive to him, his potential children, and DLC characters, which enables them to attack with magic tomes as well as swords. As the avatar character, Robin and his potential children can switch to any starting class the player desires using a Second Seal (aside from Lord, which is exclusive to Chrom and Lucina), making for one of the biggest skill pools possible for a single character. Robin can also support with every other character (as could Kris previously), and marry any opposite gendered character the player wants, including the future children of other Shepherds that are met via Paralogues (side stories) as more characters within the Shepherds marry each other. Robin's customization focuses more on appearance and even features several options for voice.
As a playable character
Robin appears as a newcomer in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. Players can choose either the male or female models of the character, which are both based on their default appearances in the Tactician class.
In combat, Robin uses tomes of various elements (Fire, Thunder, Wind, and Darkness) along with a Levin Sword. However, all of Robin's weapons operate similarly to Fire Emblem's durability mechanic, meaning they have a limited amount of uses before they break and will have to go through a cooldown period before they can be used again. If the Levin Sword breaks, Robin will instead use an unbreakable Bronze Sword.
- This is the male Robin, your avatar in Fire Emblem Awakening. The goal of this adventure doesn't change much because of your gender choice, but Robin's marriage options do. In Smash Bros., Robin brings powerful magic and swordplay to bear. He can exhaust his moves, but they'll be restored over time.
- This is the male Robin, an avatar in Fire Emblem Awakening. The goal of that game doesn't change much because of your gender choice, but Robin's hairstyle options do. In Smash Bros., Robin brings powerful magic and swordplay to bear. He can exhaust his moves, but they'll be restored over time.
- (3DS) Fire Emblem: Awakening (02/2013)
- Robin (Alt.)
- Robin's magic is powerful, but it has limited uses before needing to recharge. Thunder can be charged in stages, will become Thoron at max charge, and gains damage and speed with its charge. Arcfire creates a flame pillar, perfect for dealing with an edge-clinging foe.
- (3DS) Fire Emblem: Awakening (02/2013)