Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Interrupted Final Smash glitch or Regenerating terrain glitch is a glitch in Super Smash Bros. Brawl that causes certain Final Smashes to stay in their activated state if the character is inside a piece of terrain that has just regenerated.
Stages the glitch is possible on
- Bridge of Eldin - The middle section of the bridge. The easiest and most popular way of getting the glitch to occur.
- Pirate Ship - The King of Red Lions' appearance. This version of the glitch is the most difficult to perform, as the terrain in question is offscreen. Also when the Pirate ship comes in contact with the rock island.
- Spear Pillar - The stone segments broken by the Pokémon.
- Green Hill Zone - The lower section of the stage
Common versions of the glitch
- Puff Up glitch - Occurs when Jigglypuff is in the middle of using Puff Up, causing it to keep its increased size at whatever moment it was interrupted. Being swallowed by Egg Lay increases its size even further. One of the most well-known Final Smash glitches, and the easiest to perform due to the length of the start-up animation. Sometimes nicknamed "Gigalypuff" or similar names.
- Diffusion Beam glitch - Occurs when R.O.B. is in the middle of activating Diffusion Beam, causing the move to last indefinitely (thus making it the most practical application of this glitch). The move can sometimes get stuck in one of its modes; charging a Gyro often fixes this. However, if the platforms reseal before the beam is released, R.O.B. will not fire anything at all.
- Golden glitch - Occurs when Fox, Falco, Wolf, Kirby, or Marth are in the middle of activating their respective Final Smashes (Landmaster, Cook Kirby, and Critical Hit). Causes the Final Smash aura to become stuck in its "on" state; thus the camera may remain zoomed in until the player gets close to the blast lines and time may remain slowed (if the glitch happens during these effects), and no more Smash Balls will appear the player gets KO'd. However, the character will be able to act as normal and can continue to use their neutral special move. Named after the "golden" aura surrounding the character in Final Smash standby mode, while said character is otherwise acting normally.
- Invincible glitch - Occurs when Meta Knight begins to use Galaxia Darkness on any character. Causes the opponent caught in the Final Smash to become invincible, but frozen in place.
- When performing the Puff Up variation of the glitch, any battering, shooting or status item picked up by Jigglypuff will also become giant. The effect wears off when the item is thrown, however Wario's Bike, Snake's Hand Grenades and Cardboard Box, and Link's Bombs will retain their altered size.
- Jigglypuff's optimal moment of activation of Puff Up (for largest size increase) on the Bridge of Eldin is almost the exact moment that the bridge begins to repair itself--that is, the moment the black portal "static" forms the framework of the middle section. As Jigglypuff's size can also be affected by Super Mushrooms, Giant Brawls and Egg Lay, combining all methods properly makes it possible for a Jigglypuff character model to become so large that perhaps only a quarter of it can be seen at one time in normal matches (except when crouching, which slightly squishes its model and brings more of it into view). In fact, ducking will cause its face to take up nearly all of, if not the entire screen.