|Also appears in||Super Smash Bros.|
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
|Final Smash||Volt Tackle|
|Number of Jumps||2|
|Can Wall Jump||Yes|
|Can Wall Cling||No|
|Has a Tether||No|
|Voiced by||Ikue Outani|
Pikachu (ピカチュウ, Pikachu) is a playable starter character in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. It was confirmed June 11, 2013 during E3 2013 and was among the first wave of amiibo. Visually, Pikachu has a brighter yellow appearance than Brawl.
Pikachu currently ranks 15th on the tier list. Despite many of Pikachu's moves having decreased damage, many others have gained increased knockback, keeping it at the top of the B tier with its rapid yet powerful moves, along with the new Meteor Smashing capabilities of Thunder.
To be added
Differences from Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Pikachu was overall balanced between nerfs and buffs.
- Forward Tilt causes less damage.
- Up Tilt has much less ending lag.
- Side Smash Attack deals less damage, even when sweetspotted.
- Down Smash Attack traps opponent even further, making it harder to DI out of. However, it has increased ending lag.
- Dash Attack's sweetspot is much stronger.
- Neutral Air Attack's sweetspot deals less damage.
- Forward Aerial has much less ending lag and the final hit causes stronger knockback, enough to KO.
- Back Air Attack's final hit causes stronger knockback, enough to KO. However, it deals less damage.
- Up Air Attack has much less ending lag and lower knockback scaling. However, this deals less damage.
Grabs and Throws
- Skull Bash's total distance when fully charged is longer.
- Quick Attack cannot be cancelled on the ground anymore, removing's Pikachu QAC technique from Brawl.
- Thunder has shorter vertical range, and it is now capable of causing Meteor Smash if the opponent touches the upper part of the bolt near the cloud, at the start of the move.
- Volt Tackle is slower and causes less damage and knockback, but lasts longer. Additionally, a small sparkballl (that causes no damage) now indicates where Pikachu will move, aiding the player to control it.
- Standard Attack: Headbutts forward. (1%)
- Forward Tilt: Handstands and kicks forward. (9%)
- Up tilt: Swings its tail above it in an upward arc. (5%)
- Down tilt: Sweeps its tail forward. (6%)
- Side Smash Attack: Sends a spark of electricity forward. (15%-21%)
- Up Smash Attack: Swings its tail above it in an upward arc. (14%-19%)
- Down Smash Attack: Spins around with its tail extended, dealing electrical damage. (13%-21%)
- Dash attack: Headbutts while dashing. (10%)
- Ledge attack: Hits with its tail. (8%)
- Get-up attack: Gets up while spinning around once with its tail extended. (7%)
- Neutral aerial: Curls up like a ball and spins around, hitting with its tail. (5%)
- Forward aerial: Headbutts forward in midair, dealing electrical damage. (5%)
- Back aerial: Spins around, hitting with its outstretched arms and tail. (6%)
- Up aerial: Swings its tail above it in an upwards arc. (5%)
- Down aerial: Headbutts downwards, dealing electrical damage. (16%)
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: Electrocutes the opponent. (2%)
- Forward throw: Places the opponent on its head and electrocutes them. (10%)
- Back throw: Rolls backwards before tossing the opponent behind it. (10%)
- Up throw: Headbutts the opponent upwards. (4%)
- Down throw: Slams the opponent on the ground with its back. (7%)
|Pikachu's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Thunder Jolt|
|Side Special||—||Skull Bash|
|Up Special||Quick Attack|
|Final Smash||—||Volt Tackle|
|Pikachu's Custom Special Moves|
|Custom 1||Custom 2|
|Standard Special||Thunder Wave||Thunder Shock|
|Side Special||Shocking Skull Bash||Heavy Skull Bash|
|Up Special||Meteor Quick Attack||Quick Feet|
|Down Special||Thunder Burst||Distant Thunder|
Up taunt: Small bolts come out while he is saying "Piiiii!".
Side taunt: Waves his hand, as if saying hello, while saying "Pika! Pika!"
Down taunt: Rolls like a dog and says "Pikaaaaa!" while doing it.
In Competitive Play
To be added
Recognized the world over, Pikachu is an Electric-type Pokémon that stores energy in its cheeks for use in battle. In Smash Bros., Pikachu is a well-rounded fighter with speedy, powerful electric attacks. Quick Attack can be used twice in a row if two directions are input, one after another.
- Game Boy - Pokémon Red & Pokémon Blue (09/1998)
- Game Boy - Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition (10/1999)
Pikachu's Thunder Jolt fires off a ball of electricity that bounces across the stage, getting weaker as it travels. It does more damage to enemies in the air. The default down special, Thunder, causes a lightning strike that both shocks the opponents and turns Pikachu invincible for a split second.
To be added
- Pikachu wears the hats of the male trainers from Red/Blue, Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire, and X/Y as his alternate costumes. It also sports a Choice Band in one of his alternates.
- When Pikachu is wearing the Red/Blue trainer hat or the Choice Band, it seems to be in its shiny form.
- Pikachu is the only Pokémon in which all of its customized moves have the original move's name in it.
- Pikachu's 4th costume with the swimming goggles is a reference to the Swimmer trainers.
- When Pikachu gets pummeled when being grabbed, it is seen to have teeth.
- This is also seen whenever it grabs an edge.
- Pikachu's page on the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U Website
- Low Percentage Pikachu KO Confirm
- Pikachu's Frame Data at Kurogane Hammer