The Party Ball as it appears in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
|Series||Super Smash Bros.|
|Appearance||Super Smash Bros. Melee|
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. (Wii U and 3DS)
A Party Ball is a container item that appears in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It can be picked up and thrown or hit to be opened. When picked up, it can be thrown but as soon as it hits the ground, a character, or an attack, it floats up and makes a little jingle and then opens up to reveal some items inside. Like Crates and Barrels, while holding a party ball, a character's speed is drastically decreased, and they will not be able to jump or attack.
- Often contains many random items.
- May store an enemy in Melee.
- If thrown and hits an opponent it does 16-19% damage and little knockback.
- If thrown, hits an opponent, and then explodes, it does 41% damage and has a lot of knockback
- In SSBB, when it is thrown towards an enemy, the party ball will travel in a curve and home in on that enemy.
- Another way to open the party ball is to hit it. In SSBM, you need to hit it up to 30%. In Brawl, one hit can set it off.
- Some of the item sets it can drop includes Food (36% chance), several Bob-ombs (12% chance), or just a random set of items (42%).
- It also has a 10% chance of exploding.
- Once airborne, the Party Ball can be struck but will only cause hitlag and not affect the ball. However, certain attacks can push or pull it. Using Spitball Sparky (Mr. Game and Watch's up aerial) from a slight distance will blow it up and off the top of the screen, for example.
Note that an item will only appear in a party ball if that item can be used. Otherwise, for example, if only bombs are on, it will always have a bomb party. Likewise, if the Party Ball is the only item enabled, all they will do is explode. This is true in Training Mode as well.
Party Balls are just what they sound like: a recipe for wild fun packed into a paper ball. Throw or strike one into the air, then wait for it to trigger its time-release. Parties are always unpredictable, so here are the odds on how zany your party might be: Self-destruction: 10% Food banquet: 36% Bob-omb fest: 12% Other: 42%
A giant ball stuffed to bursting with items and food. Throw it or attack it, and after a few seconds, it will burst open with fanfare, spilling items all around. The fluttering confetti adds to the celebratory atmosphere. Some Party Balls are filled with nothing but bombs, though, so handle with care. Perhaps if you just pulled the string...Naw, that doesn't work.
In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS
A celebratory ball, filled with irresistible treasures just begging to be released. Once thrown, it floats into the air and releases its prizes. It could be a variety of awesome items, but you should be careful--sometimes the Party Ball is stuffed full of Bob-ombs! How rude!
- This item also appeared in Kirby Air Ride in Top Ride.