Palutena's Temple, known as Angeland (エンジェランド Enjerando?) in Japan, is a stage that appears in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and is based on the same location of Kid Icarus: Uprising, mixing a few chapters into one stage. It is currently the largest, non moving, stage. On January 29th, 2014, a new stage was shown on Miiverse, depicting a stage from the original Kid Icarus with updated looks derived from Kid Icarus: Uprising.
Palutena's Temple draws inspiration from different kinds of parts from different chapters in Kid Icarus: Uprising.
Palutena's Temple is where the goddess Palutena lives. In the original Kid Icarus, Medusa usurped control of the palace and captured Palutena, prompting Pit to rescue her. In Kid Icarus: Uprising, however, this is also where she is fought as a boss. Here, she is possessed by the Chaos Kin, a chaotic entity that sought to create disaster by controlling the goddess and eventually eat her soul, which it almost succeeded in doing if it weren't for the efforts of Pit with the assistance of Viridi and Phosphora. The boss battle was notably unique, as Pit had to avoid harming Palutena throughout the fight all the while focusing all of his attention on the Chaos Kin. Pit also had to fight hordes of his own former allies, the Centurions, in order to reach Palutena. It is also the location of the Capricorn Club, the tenth Zodiac Weapon.
In the Kid Icarus series, Skyworld is where gods and angels live in harmony. Late in the story of Kid Icarus: Uprising, however, it falls apart, and the ruins of Palutena's Temple have become a stage to battle on. The bridge can be destroyed, splitting the stage in two, but you can still cross the gap using clouds or moving platforms.
- NES - Kid Icarus (08/1987)
- 3DS - Kid Icarus: Uprising (03/2012)
Songs in My Music
- Boss Fight 1 (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
- In the Space-Pirate Ship
- Wrath of the Reset Bomb
- Lightning Chariot Base
- Destroyed Skyworld
- Magnus's Theme
- Dark Pit's Theme
- Hades's Infernal Theme
- Thunder Cloud Temple
- This is the second stage announced for the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. that has elements from a handheld game, the first being the Pilotwings Resort-themed areas of Pilotwings.
- If Pit uses his taunt called "Palutena Guidance " in this stage, Palutena will give Pit information about Pit's opponent he's fighting, every single conversation is unique, save when Pit is facing DLC characters Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu, and Cloud Strife.
- For DLC characters, the conversation is the same, Pit will ask who they are, only for Palutena to say she has no data on them and Viridi concludes they must be an intruder from another dimension.
- Some times, other characters besides Viridi and Palutena will appear. For example, Chrom will appear when facing Pit is facing Robin. Humorously, Viridi explains why Chrom is not a playable character, is due to the fact that his fighting style is similar to Ike and his lack of a recovery move like Aether. Chrom will point out that he appears during Robin's Final Smash, only for Viridi to point out that Robin needs to obtain the Smash Ball to do so. Sometimes characters Pit is facing will speak to Pit directly such as Dark Pit and Palutena.
- This is one of the 9 stages in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U that does not appear in the Classic Mode for the game, the other 8 being Jungle Hijinxs, 75m, Temple, The Great Cave Offensive, Flat Zone X, Boxing Ring, Gaur Plain, and the Miiverse stage.