First, I checked that guys page and the only things I came up with are that he is another fire emblem fan like me and that his smash schedule and mine don't work well together. If you REALLY are certain about this, I will try and believe you, but I think it is just SUPER unlikely. If you care to know why, I will just detail it for you (and I am not super caring about this, I could take it or leave it either way). My reasons for believing the Ike Trivia page should be changed are as follows (and if you ever decide to stop caring while you read, just ignore it all):
1. Like I said, Roy was a fire emblem character, one who was almost taken out of the game before it was released due to a lack of popularity.
As such, with his character almost not being added into the game, it is doubtful his name was put into the game as a random name.
2. From the Fire Emblem character, Roy was the secondary one. Roy had literally no fan base in any region of the world when Melee was released. As such, having him in the game is odd, and even then it would only be as a small character, shadowed by another, with no stage of his own and not much to mark his presence. Nothing like a random name about his early development.
3. If you check in Brawl (and I can say this is on my Wii Brawl, so I am assuming all of them), you'll see Ike is one of the options you can chose. This would be odd if it was based off of roy because roy was not in this game.
4. Who put this on Ike's page anyway? If you ARE correct, than it should go to a page about Roy, or a page about random trivia or game mechanics, if such pages exist. But I don't think it is enough about Ike to put it on his page.
5. This is not an argument point, I was just wondering where you ever saw Roy's early development name was Ike? I have been a Fire Emblem guy for a VERY long time, and I have never heard anything about that.
SO that's it. If you want to change it back yourself you can. If not, I won't lose too much sleep over it. So I think it should be changed, but I will leave it to you to make the final call. If you want to discuss more, head over to my talk page.