The Mario Kart Series is a racing series that has appeared on many Nintendo consoles, starting with the SNES. The games themselves feature primarily Mario characters. In addition to normal racing, players can also attack each other with items such as Shells and Banana Peels.
In the Super Smash Bros. series
- The Mario Circuit track appears as a stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- Many of the music choices for the Mario Circuit stage come from these games.
- One of the Karts appears as a trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
- Mario Kart 64 is listed as one of Mario's main game appearances in Super Smash Bros.
- The Red Shell works like the said item in the Mario Kart series - a homing projectile.
- Almost every character in the series appears as a Trophy or sticker in Melee and Brawl.
- In Mario's character trophy in Melee, it is mentioned that one of his past jobs is a driver. Other past professions include being a doctor (a reference to Dr. Mario) and a referee.
- In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wario can use his Wario Bike as his side special attack. The Wario Bike is also seen in Mario Kart Wii.
- There is a new stage in the Wii U version named Mario Circuit, however it is designed after the Mario Kart 8 rendition of Mario Circuit.
- Many characters in their Karts appear as trophies in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U.