|Debut||Fire Emblem (2003)|
Lyn (リン Rin?), whose full name is "Lyndis", is a character from the Fire Emblem series, specifically Fire Emblem (Rekka no Ken). She appears as an Assist Trophy, a Trophy, and a Sticker in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
In Super Smash Bros. BrawlEdit
As an Assist TrophyEdit
In Brawl, Lyn appears as an Assist Trophy. She charges her sword, then disappears and reappears near an enemy, slashing them. This is a mix of her critical attack and her normal attack as a Lord before she is promoted in Fire Emblem. This attack is amazingly powerful and accurate, even against a moving or airborne foe. It can also hit someone grabbing the edge. She can KO at damages as low as 32%, and can only be avoided with a well timed airdodge or roll. She usually hits the opponent closest to her.
In this appearance, Lyn wields the Mani Katti, not her more powerful quasi-legendary Weapon, the Sol Katti, in comparison the playable Fire Emblem characters (Marth, Roy and Ike), who fight with their legendary weapons (The Falchion, Sword of Seals, and Ragnell, respectively). However, it should be noted that the Mani Katti is the partner blade of Sol Katti, both of which are unique to Lyn.
- A 15-year-old nomadic girl. Lyn is a strong-willed youth whose skill with the blade draws many admirers. Lyn sets out on her quest to become a master swordsman after coming to the aid of a fallen traveler. She soon learns she's a living member of the nobility of Lycia, a neighboring country. Soon she's involved in a violent dispute over the ascension of the Caelin throne.
- Fire Emblem
Lyn also makes an appearance as a sticker in Brawl. It gives a plus 7% bonus from all food effects and is of medium size.
Lyn again appears as an assist trophy and is identical in function to her Brawl appearance. She also appears as a trophy.
Trophy Description Edit
Her real name is Lyndis, and she's the last survivor of one of the Sacaen tribes. She's strong and friendly, and her swordsmanship is epic. If you summon her in this game, she'll charge herself up before laying a critical hit on her nearest opponent. Expect a solid strike from her to leave a mark!
- Interestingly, Lyn is the one of only two Assist Trophies in the game whose actual trophy is different from her artwork on the Smash Bros. DOJO!!. Dr. Wright is the other.
- Lyn's Trophy description in Brawl contradicts the in-game text from Fire Emblem; describing her as being 15 years old, whereas in the game she is 18 during Lyn's Tale and 19 during Eliwood's and Hector's Tales. This is most likely attributed to Brawl and Fire Emblem having separate localization staffs. Lyn's age is 15 in Lyn's Tale and 16 in Eliwood's and Hector's Tales in the original Japanese Fire Emblem. When it was localized for Western audiences, her age was increased by three years. The Brawl localization team apparently failed to note the change and wrote the description referring to the Japanese age. This is corrected in the PAL version.
- If Lyn lands in the spot she was summoned, but lands again in a different spot, (like from a breakable block from the Mushroomy Kingdom), she will automatically strike her closest target.
- When summoned, Lyn says "Prepare yourself," or "I'll handle this.", and when attacking, she says "Taste my Blade!" or shouts a battle cry, making her, Shadow the Hedgehog and Gray Fox the only Assist Trophies to speak in full sentences.
- There is a glitch in Shadow Moses Island that causes Lyn to become stuck should someone summon her while a pillar is being repaired below the summoning player.
- On 75m, if she spawns in front of where the Donkey Kong stage element is, she can become stuck in the air, not touching the ground. She doesn't attack for a while, but eventually attacks.
- Lyn does her attack when she's summoned by someone. It's similar to Meta Knight's final smash, Galaxia Darkness, but Lyn can only attack the fighters that are closest to her and Meta Knight's attack is dramatically stronger.