- This article is about Lucina's appearance in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. For other uses, see Lucina. Also, for information about the character of whom Lucina is a clone, see Marth (SSBWU/3DS).
|Final Smash||Critical Hit|
|Number of Jumps||2|
|Can Wall Jump||No|
|Can Wall Cling||No|
|Has a Tether||No|
|Voiced by (English)||Laura Bailey|
|Voiced by (Japanese)||Yū Kobayashi|
Lucina is a character from the Fire Emblem series, specifically Fire Emblem: Awakening. She is playable in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U as an unlockable character.
Lucina currently ranks 36th on the tier list. She suffers from the same problems as Marth. What's worse is that she has a bit less range than Marth due to her lower height and slightly shorter blade, and, also due to the lack of tipper, is less safe on shield when spacing. She has perks over Marth however, such as the fact she needn't worry about spacing her moves correctly when killing.
How to Unlock
- Play 40 matches.
- Complete Classic Mode as Marth, or Robin.
After completing either option, you must fight and defeat Lucina on Arena Ferox
- Play 30 matches.
- Beat Classic Mode on Intensity level of 5.5+.
Afterwards, you must fight and defeat Lucina on Coliseum.
Lucina is a complete clone character of Marth, similarly to how Roy was in Melee. This means that they share pretty much all animations for the attacks. The main difference is that she doesn't have Marth's "strong sword tip" ability, making her attacks less damage-fluctuant.
Differences from Marth
While being a full clone, they do have small differences, mostly in some move properties as well few animations.
- Lucina's sword does not have a tipper hitbox like Marth's, meaning that her blade will deal equal damage on the same part. This means Lucina's attacks deals slightly more damage and knockback than Marth's non-tipped attacks.
- However, she does not have the powerful sweetspot Marth has, meaning his tipped attacks are vastly superior in both damage and knockback.
- Lucina is slightly smaller than Marth and her sword is also slightly shorter. This means she has less range than Marth in all attacks.
- All Taunts and Victory Poses are different
- Her Up Tilt deals increased damage by the end, against enemies behind her.
- Her Down Aerial is her only attack that has a tipper hitbox and requires the same hitbox as Marth's in order to cause Meteor Smash. However, it is much weaker than Marth's.
- On the other hand, Marth's Neutral Attack, all Tilts, Forward Smash, Down Smash, Up Aerial and Dolphin Slash are faster than Lucina's.
- Her Shield Breaker deals slightly less damage than Marth's at the tip, but does more than Marth's sourspot. It also has a slightly different animation.
- Her Counter has a different animation for the pose.
- Standard Combo: Slashes twice upward. 4%, 4%.
- Side Tilt: Slashes broadly in front of her. 9%.
- Up Tilt: Slashes in an upwards arc. 6% - 7%.
- Down Tilt: A quick stab low to the ground. 8%.
- Dash attack: Slashes in front of her. 9%
- Side Smash: Slams sword to the ground.
Uncharged: 14% - 15%. Fully charged: 20%.
- Up Smash: Thrusts sword upward. The ability deals more damage if Lucina lands the hit on a ground opponent that is behind her.
Uncharged (air): 14%. Fully charged (air): 19%.
Uncharged (ground): 17%. Fully charged (ground): 24%.
- Down Smash: Swipes the area around her, forward and then backward. Similar to Link and Pit's down smash.
First slash: Uncharged: 9%. Fully charged: 13%.
Second slash: Uncharged: 14%. Fully charged: 19%.
- Neutral Air: Slashes twice in front of her horizontally, then slashes once at her back. It is very likely that both frontal slashes will hit.
First frontal slash: 2%.
Second frontal slash: 6%.
Back hit: 6%%.
- Front Air: Slashes quickly in a forwards arc. 8%.
- Up Air: Slashes upwards in an arc. 9%.
- Down Air: Slashes in a downward arc. 11% - 13%. Can meteor with good timing.
- Back Air: Slashes upwards at her back. 9%.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel: A quick kick. 2%.
- Up throw: Hurls enemy upward. 4%.
- Frontal throw: Ditches enemy on the ground. 4%.
- Back throw: Ditches enemy to her back. 4%.
- Down thow: Slams opponent on the ground. 5%.
|Lucina's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Shield Breaker|
|Side Special||Dancing Blade|
|Up Special||Dolphin Slash|
|Final Smash||Critical Hit|
|Lucina's Custom Special Moves|
|Custom 1||Custom 2|
|Standard Special||Storm Thrust||Dashing Assault|
|Side Special||Effortless Blade||Heavy Blade|
|Up Special||Crescent Slash||Dolphin Jump|
|Down Special||Easy Counter||Iai Counter|
- Up Taunt: Lucina spins Falchion above her and says, "Come at me!"
- Side Taunt: Lucina spins, sheathes Falchion and says, "I cannot lose."
- Down Taunt: Lucina puts on her mask, makes a pose, then takes it off.
In competitive play
To be added
To be added
- Chrom's daughter and the future Princess of Ylisse. When she arrives from a doomed future seeking to prevent it from ever happening, she goes by the name Marth before her identity is revealed. She fights much like her adopted namesake, but her entire blade is equally powerful instead of having a more powerful tip.
- Fire Emblem: Awakening (02/2013)
- Lucina (Alt.)
- Lucina's moves are much like Marth's, but there are subtle differences. With Marth, you need to try to hit with the tip of his sword, but Lucina's sword is equally powerful all along the blade. Her Shield Breaker move lets her attack opponents and break their shields at the same time. Charge it fully to shatter shields in one hit.
- Fire Emblem: Awakening (02/2013)
- Critical Hit (Lucina)
- In Lucina's Final Smash, she raises her sword high before dashing swiftly forward to deliver a deadly blow to whomever she makes contact with first. Even if their damage is low, this strike is powerful enough to take out foes in a single hit. Just make sure you don't dash off the stage when you use it in midair!
- Lucina is the only newcomer who has a question mark in her introduction tagline.
- Lucina is the second newcomer to not have her own official artwork nor special video in the official Super Smash Bros. website, the first being the Mii Fighters. However, Lucina did made her appearance in Robin's official artwork and special video, which may be the reason they do not appear on her page.
- Masahiro Sakurai has stated that Lucina was originally meant to be an alternate costume for Marth. However, it was later decided to make her slightly shorter than Marth, as well as changing her sword's properties which required her to become her own character.
- All of Lucina's costumes are based on various female characters from Fire Emblem: Awakening. From left to right: Nowi, Cherche, Cordelia, Tiki, Lissa, Tharja, and Sumia.
- Lucina is the first female character to be unlockable, as all of the other unlockable characters, including the ones from the past three games, are either male or gender-neutral (specifically Pokémon).
- Lucina is the first female clone in the Super Smash Bros. series.
- She is also the second clone based on Marth, the first being Roy.
- Lucina is the only unlockable character to be officially revealed before the game's release. As such, she is the only unlockable character on the official Smash website who is not listed under the secret characters section, as she is available to view from the website, but is locked when first starting the game on either versions.
- Lucina is the only unlockable character in the Wii U version to appear in the game's opening.
- Lucina is the only clone character to share the names of all her special and custom special moves with the character she is a clone of, Marth.
- Lucina is the only Fire Emblem newcomer in Smash for 3DS/Wii U that doesn't posses a projectile attack.
- Lucina is the only clone character who full name does not contain her counterpart's name.