- This article is about the Inklings' appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. For other uses, see Inklings.
||Attacks with a variety of weapons. Covering opponents with ink leads to more and more damage–plus these Inklings are really fashionable!
|—Description from the Super Smash Blog.
The Inklings are playable fighters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. They were revealed in the first teaser trailer for the game, which aired on March 8, 2018.
- When the Inkling inks opponents, they will take more damage
- Inklings can only regenerate ink by holding down the "B" button while shielding or respawning.
- When low on ink, the Inkling is unable to use special moves and its smash attacks become much weaker in both damage and knockback.
- Neutral Attack: Punches forth, then throws out a kick, and then fires several ink projectiles from their Splattershot, finishing with a thrust of the Splattershot.
- Forward Tilt: Swings their Splattershot in a downwards arc in front of them like a club.
- Up Tilt: Does a simple flip kick.
- Down Tilt: Does a breakdance kick, hitting twice.
- Dash Attack: Rams forwards with their shoulder.
- Forward Smash: Swings an Inkbrush forwards.
- Up Smash: Fires a Blaster upwards, setting off an explosion of ink overhead.
- Down Smash: Swings a Slosher to each side.
- Floor Attack (Front):
- Floor Attack (Back):
- Floor Attack (Trip):
- Ledge Attack:
- Neutral aerial: Turns upside down and spins around with their legs extended.
- Forward aerial: Kicks forwards with both legs.
- Back aerial: Swings their Splattershot behind them.
- Up aerial: Kicks overhead twice.
- Down aerial: Thrusts the Splattershot downwards. Is a meteor smash.
Grabs and Throws
- Forward Throw: Blasts the opponent away with the Splattershot.
- Back Throw: Takes on their squid form and hurls the opponent backwards.
- Up Throw: Takes on their squid form and rams the opponent upwards.
- Down Throw: Slams the opponent into the ground.
- Neutral: Covers opponents with ink using the Splattershot.
- Side Special: Runs over opponents using the Roller.
- Up Special: Flies through the air with the Super Jump.
- Down Special: Throws a Splat Bomb which explodes after a few seconds. The longer the special button is held, the farther the bomb is thrown.
- Up Taunt:
- Down Taunt:
- Side Taunt:
In competitive play
To be added