|Game||Super Smash Bros. Melee|
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
|Universe||Super Smash Bros.|
Crazy Hand (クレイジーハンド Kureijī Hando?) is the secondary antagonist of the Super Smash Bros series, and is Master Hand's left hand and brother. While Master Hand's movements are very relaxed and easygoing, Crazy Hand moves in dysfunctional and erratic ways. To fight him in Super Smash Bros. Melee, you have to clear Normal level Classic Mode in 18 minutes or less and reduce Master Hand's health by half. If the player loses the match and opts for continuing, though, Crazy Hand will not be fought in the retry. He also appears in Event 50: Final Destination Match.
Crazy Hand looks exactly the same as Master Hand (apart from being a left hand), but is more chaotic in general. He is impulsive and destructive. When preparing for an attack, Crazy Hand's movements are also different. When joined with Master Hand, they can perform several cooperative attacks that usually do 1.5-2 times as much damage.
Though he appears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl during the Boss Battles mode, he does not actually appear as a boss of the Subspace Emissary. Despite this, his trophy, when arranging your collection by series, is listed in the "The Subspace Emissary" section. Aside from this, though, he merely reprises his role in Classic Mode, and has no relation to SSE, despite the fact that Master Hand appears. To fight him in Classic Mode, you must arrive at the final stage in 9 minutes or less with the difficulty level set to Hard or above. He also appears as one of the many bosses in Boss Battles.
In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, he can be fought in Classic Mode by taking the black path on the final path to stage 6 on Intensity 3.0 or higher (3DS) or if certain conditions are met (Wii U), where he will assist Master Hand at the start of the battle. He will also be the final enemy of Crazy Orders (exclusive to the Wii U version), where will fight alone or accompanied by CPU characters in a Stamina match against the player; and will randomly drop treasure chests containing rewards as he receives damage.
Crazy Hand's origins are unknown, and the two Hands are in a dualistic conflict of create (Master Hand) and destroy (Crazy Hand).
Role in the Subspace Emissary
Crazy Hand never appears in the Subspace Emissary, although he makes an appearance in Boss Battles Mode. Boss Battles is the only time the Hands are fought separately. Crazy Hand is also the only boss that does not have to be fought in order to unlock Boss Battles Mode.
Note that none of the names are official. Crazy Hand can only be played via hacking with an Action Replay. All directions are pressed on the D-Pad, not the Control Stick. Lastly, Crazy Hand can only be controlled by Player 4. Also note that some of Crazy Hand's moves (the one that Master Hand also has) have a second effect like freezing. Crazy Hand is a more dangerous foe than Master Hand since he has more attacks, and many of his attacks also have side effects, such as the Lip's Stick flower. Crazy Hand also attacks more frequently, giving fewer opportunities to hit, which makes the battle in Classic Mode harder because the fight with him and Master Hand is timed. However, Master Hand was buffed in Brawl, making Crazy Hand now less powerful than Master Hand
|A↑||Rocket Punch||Crazy Hand makes a "W" symbol with his hand, goes behind the stage and flies to the stage.|
|A→||Rocket Drill||Crazy Hand flies from behind the stage and spins around. The player gets electrocuted when the move is done.|
|A←||Slap||Crazy Hand slaps the ground.|
|A↓||Rocket Drill||Crazy Hand flies from behind the stage and spins around (identical to A→)|
|B↑||Laser||Crazy Hand shoots lasers from his fingertips. Only the endpoints do damage.|
|B→||Laser||Crazy Hand shoots lasers from his fingertips. Only the endpoints do damage. (identical to B↑)|
|B↓||Bomb||Crazy Hand drops several bombs.|
|B←||Laser||Crazy Hand shoots lasers from his fingertips. Only the endpoints do damage. (identical to B↑)|
|L↑||Sweep||Crazy Hand sweeps across the stage. This move electrocutes the player.|
|L↓||Seizure||Crazy Hand slaps the player to the ground, waits for 1-3.5 seconds, and has violent spasms that will "catch" the player and keep hurting the player.|
|L←||Crawl||Crazy Hand "crawls" across the stage using his fingers. This causes darkness.|
|L→||Sweep||Crazy Hand sweeps across the stage. (identical to L↑)|
|R↑||Punch||Crazy Hand punches the ground.|
|R↓||Poke||Crazy Hand pokes three times. The first causes darkness, the second causes electrocution, and the third poke causes freezing.|
|R←||Drill||Crazy Hand drills into the ground.|
|R→||Slap||Crazy Hand slaps the ground. (identical to A→)|
|Y←||Spark||Crazy Hand emits sparks. This move is actually the signal used to perform a team attack with Master Hand, though the order seems random.|
|Z↑||Grab||Crazy Hand grabs another character.|
|Z→||Grab||Crazy Hand grabs another character. (identical to Z↑)|
|Z←||Grab||Crazy Hand grabs another character. (identical to Z↑)|
Moves used in Conjunction with Master Hand
MH Input is the command that Master Hand must use, while CH Input is Crazy Hand's command. MH (Master Hand) and CH (Crazy Hand) must both press the input shown to trigger the combination attack.
|CH Input||MH Input||Move||Notes|
|Y→||Y←||Applaud||A shockwave is released that puts the player to sleep, then the two hands clap together five times. The first four electrocutes the player, and the last one burns the player.|
|Y↑||Y↑||Double Punch||The two hands punch together releasing a shock.|
|Y↑||Y↓||Catch||Crazy Hand punches across the stage and is caught by Master Hand. A shockwave that deals shadow damage is released at impact.|
Attack Order (Brawl)
- Call for team attack
- Call for team aattack
- Call for team attack
- Call for team attack
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Where Master Hand loves to create, his alter ego is impulsive and destructive, consumed with that hollow feeling which comes from destroying one's own creations. Crazy Hand appears when a player clears obstacles quickly and Master Hand's power is low. You have only one chance to defeat Crazy Hand.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Seemingly a manifestation of the destructive spirit in direct contrast to Master Hand, who is the manifestation of the creative spirit. Crazy Hand appears out of nowhere when Master Hand's power begins to ebb. His repeated attack evoke the bizarre. Those who must face Master Hand and Crazy Hand at the same time face a long and painful battle to the death.
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U
The erratic Crazy Hand embodies destruction in the Smash Bros. universe. You can see madness in the way he moves and the attacks he unleashes. Pairing up with Master Hand makes him an especially dangerous foe. Be ready for an intense battle when their laughter fills the air.
- Even if Master Hand is not actually evil, many of Crazy Hand's attacks use darkness, much like Ganondorf, suggesting perhaps a more sinister intent.
- Crazy Hand, along with Master Hand, appear in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror as the bosses of Candy Constellation, but he has the same attacks as Master Hand, not counting combination attacks. The reason for his appearance is because the creator of the Super Smash Bros. series (HAL Laboratory) is also the creator of the Kirby series.
- In his Brawl trophy description, it says that Crazy Hand appears "when Master Hand's power begins to ebb". This is not true; as long as the player reaches the final stage on hard or above in nine minutes or less, Crazy Hand appears at the beginning of the fight, alongside Master Hand. In Super Smash Bros. Melee, however, this statement was true; Crazy Hand appeared when Master Hand's health had been cut in half.
- Although his dying scream is found in Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Sound test, his opening laugh is absent.
- However, it can be found via hacking of the game.
- Crazy Hand can only be fought by himself in Boss Battles.
- Crazy Hand is the only character to appear in Boss Battles that doesn't appear in the Subspace Emissary.
- Crazy Hand's attacks have, as a whole, the most effects of any Super Smash Bros. boss, including fire, freezing, electricity, burying, flowering (grab), and darkness.
- Crazy Hand is the 'left handed brother' of Master Hand, and he is Crazy. This could be inspired of an old saying that the left hand is evil in the past. as well as Sinister meaning left or evil.
- A move where Crazy Hand slaps across the stage is present in Brawl, but he never performs it by normal means. It can be performed/found via hacks.
- In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, there is a glitch where if you pause at the same time one of the hands is dying, the laugh will not be heard. It is unknown why this glitch happens.