Using this move allows Villager to fly up into the air for a few seconds, after which the balloons pop and Villager becomes helpless, and like R.O.B.'s Robo Burner, it will be unavailable for a certain amount of time. Villager is also capable of limited horizontal movement while flying. However, if his balloons are attacked, they will pop and the move becomes useless.
|Villager's Special Moves|
|Side Special||Lloid Rocket|
|Up Special||Balloon Trip|
|Final Smash||Dream Home|
Villager's Balloon Fight can be customized into Extreme Balloon Trip and Balloon High Jump.
Extreme Balloon Trip
Extreme Balloon Trip is one of Balloon Trip's customizations. Villager now uses special balloons that don't rise as fast but cause an explosion at the end.
- Deal greater damage.
- Very poor vertical recovery.
- Slow ascent.
- Less recovery distance if used in succession.
Balloon Trip trades out recovery ability for damage and kill power. Though the move is very powerful, it is a very poor recovery. Using this move on-stage as an attack is the only reliable way to use them. When used too many times in a row, the distance Villager can go is decreased. If a player needs to recover, using Liftoff Lloid before this helps.
Balloon High Jump
Balloon High Jump is Balloon Trip's other customization. Villager quickly rises to a large height and damages any opponent he hits.
- Deals damage.
- Higher vertical recovery.
- Very little horizontal influence.
The Balloon High Jump is a much better vertical recovery, but players can only put a little bit of horizontal influence into the move, meaning Villager's horizontal recovery will suffer. The move deals some damage while he goes up, which helps Villager against edgeguarders. Pairing this move with Lloid Rocket will help give Villager some horizontal recovery options.
|Villager's Custom Special Moves|
|Custom 1||Custom 2|
|Standard Special||Garden||Pocket Plus|
|Side Special||Liftoff Lloid||Pushy Lloid|
|Up Special||Extreme Balloon Trip||Balloon High Jump|
|Down Special||Timber Counter||Super Timber|
- The color of the Villager's balloons will change depending on which player is controlling him or her (red for P1, blue for P2, yellow for P3, green for P4, and grey for Computer Player), making this the only Special Move affected by the controlling player.
- This move was likely chosen due to Balloon Fight being the most common collectible NES game in the original Animal Crossing.